- date_range 10.07 (Mon) ⇨ 10.31 (Sat) / 08:00 to 20:00
- JAPAN / KANTO
See the Fukushima disaster zone with your own eyes.
On March 11, 2011, the Great East Japan Earthquake happened. It was a magnitude 9.0–9.1 and the most powerful earthquake ever recorded in Japan.
The earthquake triggered a powerful Tsunami that reached a maximum of 40.5 meters and traveled up to 10 km inland. At present, more than 15,000 people are counted as dead and over 2,500 people as still missing. Even worse, we lost control of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
On this tour, we visit the coastal area of Fukushima. We hope you can get a real perspective of the damage caused by the disaster and the effect it had on Fukushima. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and can have an important impact on your life.
We visit three types of areas along with the coast while explaining the past, present, and future of Fukushima.
• We will visit the area affected by the Tsunami. You will understand how people reacted and a get a sense for
the area’s past, present, and future.
• We will visit the restricted area where people are not allowed to live, because of the high level of radiation.
This will help you better understand the people’s plight of the affected areas.
• We will visit the area where people are trying to rebuild their community. People are trying to bring back
hope for their future and for their former home. This area may bring you to hope for the future.
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (12 hours)
– 7:50 am Meet up at Tokyo station Marunouchi North Exit.
– 8:00 am Depart from Tokyo Station.
– 11:30 am Arrive at the "Fukushima" Area.
• Namie town which was hit by Tsunami.
• The area people are not allowed to live in because of high radiation levels.
• Tomioka town where people are trying to rebuild their community.
– 4:30 pm Depart from the "Fukushima" Area.
– 8:00 pm Finish the tour at Tokyo Station.
Tokyo Station / Tokyo Station
Japanese and English
【PRICE (PER PERSON)】
23,000 yen / Person
*Capacity: Maximum 15 (If you want more people to go, please let us know.)
Approximately 8:00 PM
・English and Japanese Speaking Guide
・Transportation Service (Van)
・Lunch (You can buy lunch during the tour)
・Minimum number of participants: 4
– (We will let you know at least 7 days before the tour if the tour will be held).
・All payment is expected before the tour.
Notes on Radiation
・We estimate that we will be exposed to about "0.001" mSv of radiation.
・If you come to Tokyo from New York (One way) by plane, you would be
exposed to about "0.1" mSv of radiation.
・This means that the radiation exposure for the tour is about 100 times smaller
than the flight.